Notifications
Clear all

The "New" LinkedIn -- What a disaster . . .

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
19.6 K Views
Dave Jensen
(@davejensencareertrax-com)
Topic starter  

Well guys, if you are on the West Coast of the USA, you may be seeing the roll out of the newest incarnation of LinkedIn -- the one that reflects the new ownership of the site, which is now a part of Microsoft. All I can say is that it is the worst change I've ever seen in any website or software in my life.

It looks like someone thought they'd clean it up graphically, and put more "order" into the site. Instead, they took it back to the quality of the worst version of Windows that was ever released. Suddenly, we can't do Advanced Searches any longer. You have to click on a bunch of "see more" buttons and so on. What used to work perfectly well, without a hitch in fact, is now a quagmire of unneeded and unnecessary changes. All I can hope for is that they will maintain a "Classic LinkedIn" for those who want that look and functionality,

I guess that we'll have to wait and see.

Dave

PS - If you don't see any changes, hang in there. It's rolling into your link sometime soon

Dave Jensen, Founder and Moderator
Bio Careers Forum

Dick Woodward
(@dick-woodward)
Member Registered

LinkedIn started going downhill with a lot of the ridiculous things that people are posting that have no relation to getting connected to people. It seems that they cannot leave well enough alone. (And I have not seen the "new and improved version" yet...)

Dick

ReplyQuote
Dave Jensen
(@davejensencareertrax-com)
Topic starter  

It turns out that I'm one of a number of "pro" users of the site who have been moved to the (very unfortunate) "new" browser for LI. That's why many of you haven't yet seen these changes.

I agree with you Cory, that the site is letting a lot of Facebook-like stuff onto their website that has nothing to do with professional careers. But that's been going on for awhile. Just wait till you see the site revision and how nasty it is to lose features like Advanced Search, or the "Other viewers looked at these" feature that used to be over to the right of the screen.

Dave

Dave Jensen, Founder and Moderator
Bio Careers Forum

ReplyQuote
Dick Woodward
(@dick-woodward)
Member Registered

At the risk of being cynical (moi?), now that LinkedIn is owned by Microsoft we can expect lots of "new and improved features" that don't work as well as what went before...

Dick

ReplyQuote
Share: