The importance of your contact base in LinkedIn

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
18.6 K Views
Dave Jensen
(@davejensencareertrax-com)
Topic starter  

Today I am proud to say that one of my LinkedIn contacts of many years has earned a Nobel Prize. Suffice it to say that the normal LinkedIn "congrats" note for such an honor doesn't go anywhere near this kind of accomplishment. Still, I sent this contact a note on LinkedIn with my thoughts.

In the past, this same contact has been important for me because I've had the opportunity to work with businesses that were started based on the technology on which the prize was awarded. It's exciting, to have a LinkedIn contact with a Nobel Laureate status!

Every day, my contact database on LinkedIn assists me with progress on my searches. It's the same way for a job seeker . . . I can't think of a more important resource. And yet, I daily get CVs from young scientists who have yet to build a decent profile, or who aren't even using LinkedIn yet to build their careers. Amazing -- this is one of those efforts that pays you back on a 5-10x basis for every minute you put into optimizing it.

Dave Jensen

Dave Jensen, Founder and Moderator
Bio Careers Forum

PG
(@per-grufmancepheid-se)
Estimable Member

I think that it is important to Point out that your linkedin page doesnt need to be perfect for it to work. It may work better if you put more effort into it but having a basic linkedin page will go a long way. I am one of those people who doesnt put enough effort into my linkedin page and it is still generating a number of contacts including recruitment attempts, suggested collaborations and of course some sales contacts.

ReplyQuote
Share: