Share:

Knowing the salary of your coworkers?  

Page 2 / 2

PG
Reputable Colleague Registered
April 22, 2019 3:02 am  

although salary is usually not the first reason for why people change companies this is something that the company needs to deal with if they want to keep their staff. We have a very clear goal of having less than 5%   leaving for companies outside our patent company every year. Although there are a few companies to move between it still means that within the group we should keep people for an average of 20 years. That also means that we need to be very active with development plans as well as working actively with different types if reimbursement.

ReplyQuote
DX
Honorable Maven Registered
April 23, 2019 9:30 am  

PG: 20 years? Where do you find that today?  I have only seen something close to that in manufacturing jobs (people working at a plant where there is say some manufacturing R&D, some preclinical, maybe Tech ops) where there a few local options and people want to stay in that location (not geographically mobile) .   Rare on the commerical and more D side of R&D - you can find it, but those are your 1 percenters.   Certain countries you can find it too where there is only one employer in an area - and people don't want to move .   But on my side of the industry, and the country I live in ..yeah...max 4 to 5 and out.  US, where i"m from..can be worse (tenure wise).

Dx

ReplyQuote
Dave Jensen
Prominent Maven Moderator
April 30, 2019 7:55 pm  

We find that employers in smaller companies tend to have no objections to employment stays of 2-4 years with several companies. Larger, more "entrenched" or Fortune 500 companies still look askew at these. 

Dave

Dave Jensen, Founder and Moderator
Bio Careers Forum

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2