The AACR seeks talented editors to join our team as Assistant/Associate Editors for three of our journals: Cancer Research, Clinical Cancer Research, and Cancer Immunology Research.
Philadelphia, PA or Boston, MA
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
• Contribute to defining the journal scope and policy implementation in conjunction with the Executive Editor.
• Assist the Executive Editor in managing/participating in peer-review process to ensure quality and timely handling of submissions.
• Assist the Executive Editor with development, composition, and editing content.
• Collaborate with the staff of the seven “sibling” AACR journals to ensure good communication and promotion of synergistic opportunities.
• Communicate with authors, editors, reviewers, and readers regarding all aspects of the journal.
• Represent the journal and the AACR at scientific meetings and institutional visits.
• Stay abreast of the field and develop excellent relationships with the research community.
• Provide input for monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on the activities of competing journals.
- Expertise in cancer science (and immunology for the Cancer Immunology Research position) preferred.
- Experience in evaluating manuscripts during the peer review process.
- Ability to communicate directly with researchers and to translate technical scientific content to scientists working in other disciplines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent, self-motivated, consistently demonstrating initiative and commitment.
- Must be able to travel to relevant scientific meetings and research institutes.
- PhD with postdoctoral experience in a biomedical or clinical science.
How to Apply:
This position offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send a letter of interest along with your most current curriculum vitae to:
American Association for Cancer Research
P.O. Box 40138
Philadelphia, PA 19106
E-mail: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
You need to be registered to apply to this job.
Previously registered members need to log in to apply to this job.