Assess Your Competencies
- Translate your postgraduate training experience into 24 business competencies
- Make yourself more job competitive
- Map your competencies to job types that value them
- Plan your short-term and long-term career strategy
Complete information on cash compensation, bonuses, and benefits for the state and job of your choice. See how salaries change by:
- Company Type
- Years Experience
- Value of PhD
- Which city you live in
Up to ten profiles of real jobholders included in each report. Click here for your free salary chart.
Full service resume and cover letter writing
- Network of certified resume writing professionals
- Fill out our comprehensive career worksheets or email your current resume
- Writer will make contact and begin to work with you right away
- Guarantee your new resume will land interviews
- Resume cost: $199.95, with Cover Letter: $269.95
Brush up on your English accent, vocabulary, and grammar
- World's largest online language learning community
- Simple, effective approach uses practice with native speakers
- Conversational focus
- 7 week program videos improves your scientific presentation skills
- Includes audio, video and text including exercices
- Topics: "How to Introduce Yourself", "Eliminating Um Er and Uh", and "How to Handle Speaker Anxiety." Course progresses to science based presenting skills like: "Scientific Storytelling", "Making Better Graphics, Tables and Charts", and "Slide Design Rules"
- Previously taught at Harvard, Columbia, Stanford, U Penn, Roche and American Heart Association
In this 85-minute on-demand program, Mary M. Mitchell explains the key elements of the interview process, while helping you build your personal “professional presentation style.” Originally designed for biomedical postdoctoral scholars at the University of Pennsylvania, now we are able to provide the webinar piece of the program to all scientists.
Focuses of the program include:
- The importance of recognizing cultural differences in communication
- The importance of relationships
- The significance manners play, when working and dealing with others in a professional environment
- The critical message our dress sends while making the first impression
- Company Profiles
- Industry Profiles
- Career Profiles
- City Profiles
The renowned Wetfeet Insider Guides available at no charge to Bio Careers members.
Free access to Annual Reports, emailed immediately to you
- Over 25 Industries
- 7 Global Regions
- Hundreds of Employers
The Five O’Clock Club
The Five O'Clock Club is an authority on job search and career management issues.
- Free Lifetime Membership through Bio Careers®
- Free copy of How to Use Social Media to Advance Your Career
- LIFETIME access to the Members Only section of our website
- 10 weekly small group strategy sessions (with 5 or 6 job hunters at your salary level) costs only $360
The Succeed Program
A 5 session Coaching program, with Dr.Steven Levy, MD, designed to get you a new job you love.
- ID Career Goals
- Expand your Network
- Secure Multiple Interviews
- Pre & Post Interview Coaching
- Negotiating Packages
Find in depth sources for your career interests at the Bio Careers bookstore
- Covers all major career paths and job search steps
- Use it to build a recommended reading list to take to your library
- Purchase the books you want to own
- Selection includes the full career center libraries of several life science graduate schools
Keirsey Temperament Sorter-II
This test requires an investment of time and effort (approx 1 hr), but can be a great help in determining which career steps fit with your personality and interests.Similar to the famous Myers Briggs Type Indicator, this report gives you feedback on what motivates you at work, what roles you're likely to excel in, what kind of workplace would fit your personality, and typical jobs that fit you. Great to share with your career counselor.
For sorter, please email EMAIL US with the name of your institution to get a code.