Nature Jobs - Career Editorial - Job Market News
- Gilead Sciences, Inc., "The New Genentech," Remaps Massive Foster City Campus
Gilead Sciences, Inc., "The New Genentech," Remaps Massive Foster City Campus
- Johnson & Johnson Seeks Buyer For Struggling Medical Device Unit Cordis Corporation; Deal Could Fetch Up To $2 Billion
Johnson & Johnson Seeks Buyer For Struggling...
- AstraZeneca PLC Pops On Possibility Of Another Pfizer Inc. Bid; Start Of New Cancer Trial
AstraZeneca PLC Pops On Possibility Of Another Pfizer Inc. Bid; Start Of New Cancer Trial
- Novartis AG Follows Biogen Idec, Inc. (Massachusetts), GlaxoSmithKline's Footsteps With New State Of The Art Offices; Space Reflects "The Way Of Working"
Novartis Way Of Working" name"Novartis AG Follows Biogen Idec, Inc. (Massachusetts), GlaxoSmithKline's Footsteps With New State Of The Art Offices; Space Reflects...
- Bayer AG, Boehringer Ingelheim Corporation, Perrigo Company, And Sanofi (France) Linked To Omega Pharma NV Sale; Deal Could Cost More Than $5.3 Billion
- Baxter International, Inc. Says Headquarters Will Stay In Illinois, Stays Mum On Boston Plans
- West Pharmaceutical Services In Talks With The Irish Government For €100 Million Deal; New Jobs
- Eli Lilly and Company, Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. Lose Bid To Overturn $9 Billion Award For Hiding Actos' Cancer Risk
- Biocryst Pharmaceuticals Expected To Jump Into Ebola Race In A Few Weeks
- Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals May Add 80,000-Square-Foot Product-Testing Facility In Berkeley, California
Science Careers - Job Market News
- The state(s) R&D is in
Science jobs are concentrated in areas where R&D spending is highest—and R&D spending is concentrated in just a few areas.
- Nearly 40 percent of women leave engineering
Among the reasons women cite for leaving engineering are an uncivil workplace and poor opportunities for advancement.
- To get noticed, boost your CV
There's no point in actively trying to get headhunted, but that doesn't mean you can't try to develop the qualities that people who do get recruited possess.
- Waltz to excellence
A new study suggests that there is no single way to achieve success in science.
- Gaining an edge in overseas interviews
Interviewing for a job in a foreign country poses special challenges.
- Scrutinizing NSF research
Rachael Allbritten and Aaron Manka started off pursuing academic research careers, but they ended up investigating research crimes.
- Puncturing a fantasy
The key to attracting young people into science is vibrant and visible opportunity.
- Academic Science, I Just Can’t Quit You
NIH-funded training programs are helping NIH-trained scientists learn how to not do NIH-funded research.
- Bringing Science to the Stage
A Spanish couple tells how they became scientists by day and socially committed actors by night.
- Better Recognition for Multidisciplinary Research
Funding bodies and research institutions need to give multidisciplinary research more respect, says an opinion paper from Science Europe.